DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SURVIVE THE NIGHT?
Nestled in the Essex countryside is an unremarkable looking bungalow. But appearances can be deceiving. For this is no ordinary bungalow. Its unassuming appearance hides bloodcurdling secrets and a horrific history.
Built in 1952 and protected by blast screens, Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker was the intended base for the Prime Minister and top government officials in the event of a nuclear attack.
When the government abandoned the bunker in 1993 everything was left behind. Even now, military and hospital equipment lies unused, alongside rows of bunk beds, radiation warning posters and cardboard coffins. But the most chilling reminder of this building’s history is the mysterious presence that walks the long, dark corridors. Rumoured to be the spirit of a construction worker whose body is buried somewhere in the 10 foot thick concrete walls, this sad spectre regularly makes his presence known…
Come and stay the night – if you dare…
On 30 October 2010, St John Ambulance will be celebrating Hallowe’en by leading a group of its most intrepid supporters to investigate the paranormal activity reported at Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker.
We will be joined by psychic-mediums, Nicola Farmer and Paul Woods.
Schedule for the night
- 8pm – Arrive and tour of the bunker
- 9pm – Buffet and introduction
- 9.30pm – Room-reading with psychic-medium Nicola Farmer
- 10pm – Ghost-hunting, séances and torch-lit tours with Nicola Farmer and Paul Woods
- Midnight – Horror films, roaming the bunker or trying to sleep
- 7am – Tea and coffee and debrief (for those who have survived the night…)
Sign up today
To register for the Buried in the Bunker you will need to:
- Pay a registration fee of £35 (incl. VAT)
- Raise minimum sponsorship of £150.
If you’d like more information, please call us on 020 7324 4173 or email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
- I pledge to raise a minimum of £150 for St John Ambulance. Any Gift Aid claimed from my sponsor’s donations is not included in my sponsorship total.
- Sponsorship money must be paid to St John Ambulance NHQ by Friday 26 November 2010.
- I enclose a registration fee of £35.00 (incl. VAT) and I agree to take part in the Buried in a bunker at my own risk. St John Ambulance will provide a safe environment for this event but will not be responsible for any loss, damage, illness or injury caused or arising out of my involvement with this event (St John Ambulance does not exclude liability for personal injury or death resulting from its negligence). Refunds of registration fees will not be given unless we are unable to offer you a place at this event.
- I will act responsibly during the event. Should I be considered acting irresponsibly by St John Ambulance or Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker staff I may be asked to leave.
- I am not aware of any medical condition or other reason why I should not participate.
- I will be over 18 years of age on the day of the event.
- Should I not be able to take my place after it has been confirmed, any sponsorship money raised should be offered back to my sponsors. In the event that they wish to donate it, it should then be sent to St John Ambulance NHQ.
Buried application Form
Link to St John’s Ambulance Website